Full Time Assistant Accountant
The Z Squared Group is a well-established accounting practice with a reputation for excellent client services and a forward-thinking approach. We provide a full package of services to a diverse portfolio of clients operating in many different sectors and including Limited companies, sole traders, partnerships, and personal tax clients. We are now looking for a Full Time Assistant Accountant to join our team.
The ideal candidate will be looking to study or already studying and will have experience in:
- Assistant Accountant for a portfolio of clients
- Use of a variety of software packages (Xero, Sage, Quickbooks, Capium, VFD).
- Financial Accounting, CIS Accounting, VAT Accounting, Payroll
You will be able to work independently and as part of a team. We are looking for someone with an outgoing personality who wants to learn and develop their skills.
The role of Assistant Accountant will involve:
- Preparation of final accounts to review stage including using our software to prepare corporate and personal tax computations
- Preparation of client VAT returns prior to obtaining approval for submission to HMRC
- Assisting in the production of Monthly management accounting, cash flow and budgeting
- CIS Accounting
- Regular Bookkeeping for own Portfolio of clients
As a small practice we all must work together to meet the needs of our clients and our business and so there is always an element of administrative tasks and other work to do.
Other details and benefits
The position is permanent being full time, with plenty of scope to progress within the firm. Office times can be agreed to be mutually flexible within reason but core office hours generally being 9am to 5pm.
We offer 20 days per annum holidays, plus bank holidays. These will be prorated for part time hours.
We provide all our staff with training relevant to develop their skills or maintain their technical knowledge. Internal training is provided on our accounting, tax and bookkeeping packages.
Public transport links to our offices are available, but there is free parking.
Starting salary will be dependent on your skills and experience. Please indicate your current salary level in your application. You will be enrolled in the automatic enrolment pension scheme.
Application deadline: 28/02/2023, please email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted: 22/01/2023